4 IN A ROW game to learn Adjectives in French
Match pictures to texts to win 4 cells in a row from a grid of 20 cells.
With our Four in a row game for "Adjectives" you will be learning the French vocabulary for the topic Adjectives. The language you will learn is in the vocabulary list below, and consists of 20 Words for describing things (adjectives).
4 in a row is a simple game of selecting and naming 4 cells in a row. It started as a game to play on paper called "Noughts and crosses". This game is ideally suited to learning in pairs, taking turns to name a cell. You should learn your chosen topic using our French lessons before playing 4 in a row. The game will reinforce your memory of the French vocabulary for Adjectives by getting you to match that vocabulary to the correct picture.
Some features of our 4 in a row game for French learners
- You claim a picture by clicking on it then choosing the word or sentence that matches it.
- Your row can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal.
- Wrong answers are ok, you just have to try again until you get them right
- There is help available for the game by clicking the question mark button on the left vertical pipe
- Play the game full screen by clicking the orange double-headed arrow button (flash only)
back to top
Mix and match | 4 in a row | Pelmanism | Hangman | Rock fall
The beetle and the bee | The frog flies | Spelling game | Sow grow
How to play 4 in a row to learn
Adjectives in French
- Select "4 in a row" on the French games selection page.
- Take a quick look at the method text for 4 in a row.
- Click on PLAY to to proceed, or change your topic with the CHANGE TOPIC button.
- On the play page you have a grid of 20 pictures (each topic picture is shown twice for beginner topics).
- Click on a picture cell - the topic vocabulary will appear as a list beside the picture.
- Roll over any text to play the French audio for that text.
- Click the text that corresponds to the picture.
- If you are correct, the picture will be replaced by a blue X - otherwise, a wrong sound will play.
- Continue matching pictures to their vocabulary until you have completed a line of 4 cells.
- The line can be diagonal as well as horizontal or vertical.
- 4 crosses in a row wins the game and the "game over" animation will play.
- Choose an option from the green sign, or click on games to choose a different game.
back to top
French topics | French lessons | French games | French tests | French vocabulary
French Games home | About French Games | FAQ | Contact
Privacy | Terms and conditions
Select your interface language:
English | español | Deutsch
Select your view:
Desktop | Mobile