4 IN A ROW game to learn 1 to 10 in French
Match pictures to texts to win 4 cells in a row from a grid of 20 cells.
With our Four in a row game for "1 to 10" you will be learning the French vocabulary for the topic 1 to 10. The language you will learn is in the vocabulary list below, and consists of 10 The numbers from 1 to 10.
4 in a row is a simple game of selecting and naming 4 cells in a row. It started as a game to play on paper called "Noughts and crosses". This game is ideally suited to learning in pairs, taking turns to name a cell. You should learn your chosen topic using our French lessons before playing 4 in a row. The game will reinforce your memory of the French vocabulary for Numbers - 1 to 10 by getting you to match that vocabulary to the correct picture.
Some features of our 4 in a row game for French learners
- You claim a picture by clicking on it then choosing the word or sentence that matches it.
- Your row can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal.
- Wrong answers are ok, you just have to try again until you get them right
- There is help available for the game by clicking the question mark button on the left vertical pipe
- Play the game full screen by clicking the orange double-headed arrow button (flash only)
back to top
Mix and match | 4 in a row | Pelmanism | Hangman | Rock fall
The beetle and the bee | The frog flies | Spelling game | Sow grow
How to play 4 in a row to learn
1 to 10 in French
- Select "4 in a row" on the French games selection page.
- Take a quick look at the method text for 4 in a row.
- Click on PLAY to to proceed, or change your topic with the CHANGE TOPIC button.
- On the play page you have a grid of 20 pictures (each topic picture is shown twice for beginner topics).
- Click on a picture cell - the topic vocabulary will appear as a list beside the picture.
- Roll over any text to play the French audio for that text.
- Click the text that corresponds to the picture.
- If you are correct, the picture will be replaced by a blue X - otherwise, a wrong sound will play.
- Continue matching pictures to their vocabulary until you have completed a line of 4 cells.
- The line can be diagonal as well as horizontal or vertical.
- 4 crosses in a row wins the game and the "game over" animation will play.
- Choose an option from the green sign, or click on games to choose a different game.
back to top
French topics | French lessons | French games | French tests | French vocabulary
French Games home | About French Games | FAQ | Contact
Privacy | Terms and conditions
Select your interface language:
English | español | Deutsch
Select your view:
Desktop | Mobile